Canadian Mennonite University Admission Requirements for Nigerian Students
Canadian Mennonite University Admission Requirements
High School Credential
You will need to provide your Senior Secondary School Certificate issued by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), and you may be required to submit a WAEC/NECO scratch card as part of the application process or for verification purposes.
Minimum High School Grade Average
You should have achieved a minimum grade of B3 in English, along with at least four other passes with a minimum grade of C4. This grading likely refers to specific qualifications or subjects, and meeting these requirements is often necessary for admission to certain educational programs or institutions.
Minimum University/College Transfer Grade
B from a Recognized University (not a College or Polytechnic); 50; 2.4 GPA; Second Class Honors (Lower);
English Language Proficiency
- In cases where the high school English grade falls below a ‘B3’ or the applicant graduated from high school over 3 years ago, it is MANDATORY to provide English proficiency exam results (Please refer to the list of acceptable tests).
- Furthermore, these English Language Proficiency Exam results must be no more than 2 years old.
Graduate Entrance Requirements
For Canadian or USA universities, applicants are required to hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0. Please consult the admission requirements for your particular program for additional details.
In Nigeria, prospective students should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum average of 80%, or a grade of B, or a GPA of 3.2 from a recognized university (excluding colleges or polytechnics). For detailed admission criteria tailored to Nigerian students, please refer to the specific program’s admission requirements.
All graduate programs mandate the submission of references. For detailed information pertaining to your specific program’s admission prerequisites, please refer to the admission requirements.
References must comprise both the reference form and a letter of reference, presented on official letterhead. These should address the questions on the form, providing specific recommendations supported by evidence. Referees should send these references directly; references submitted by applicants will not be considered.
English Language Proficiency:
- Applicants are obligated to provide English Language Proficiency Exam results (please refer to the list of acceptable tests).
- These exam results must have been obtained within the last two years.
- Exemptions from this requirement are possible for individuals who graduated with a post-secondary degree, conducted in English, from a recognized university (excluding colleges or polytechnics) within the past five years.
What students need to study in Canada:
- Study Permit
- eTA or Visitor Visa
(For further details, please visit the Canadian Immigration website.)
- International Deposit: Every undergraduate international student must provide an upfront deposit equal to one semester’s worth of tuition, meals, accommodation, and health insurance expenses. For precise amounts, due dates, and additional particulars, please consult the International Student Payment policy.
- CMU exclusively acknowledges official transcripts sent directly to us from the respective institution or school, or a brand-new, unused WAEC/NECO scratch card for verification purposes. We will not entertain scans, photos, or photocopies of transcripts sent by applicants.